Opici Wines, Opici Family Distributing, and The Opici Group L.L.C., are the entities that make up the Opici Companies, a U.S. based importer, producer and distributor of fine wines, and spirits. Opici was originally established in New Jersey in 1934, now based in Washington DC.
As a leading wine business, their wine portfolio alone consists of more than 300 vendors from countries including, but not limited to Italy, France, Chile, Argentina, Spain, and South Africa.
Opici Family Distributing is using multiple systems with extensive in-house customizations to manage their nationwide orders.
Why they chose Flintfox
- Flintfox have decades of industry vertical experience with successful references. This expertise was one of the main reasons why Opici Family Distributing selected Flintfox for D365 along with the solution directly aligning with their business processes and needs.
- Flintfox is the only solution to be embedded inside of D365 F&O which proved too much for the competition.
- Flintfox could provide a more modern and efficient trade revenue management solution that would eliminate manual pricing, save on administration time and reduce the risk of errors.
Opici Family Distributing is running on a mixture of systems with extensive in-house customizations and manual workarounds to manage their pricing, vendor incentives, and rebates/chargebacks. These systems were only partially automated and required daily spreadsheet maintenance to ensure accurate pricing.
Managing several systems across multiple companies, as well as reporting databases and various go-to-market strategies for different states, limited their ability to scale and required too much effort to manage.
In the long term, if they continued with their current approach it would have limited their ability to compete effectively in the market, potentially resulting in lost sales revenue and reduced margins.
Opici Family Distributing required a solution to provide all the core features for promotional pricing and vendor chargebacks out of the box without customization. With Flintfox, Opici Family Distributing will get:
- An embedded pricing and rebate management solution within D365 F&O that extends to the functionality they need.
- A centralized source of pricing and rebate management for any sales channel on a mass scale.
- Elimination of daily spreadsheet maintenance to keep pricing accurate.
Opici Family Distributing will standardize on one solution set across their multiple markets and states with state-specific variances. This will be managed with a simple configuration setup for each company with some modifications to base, but no customizations limiting capacity for future updates.
Central management of a single solution set across companies enables Opici Family Distributing to continue to grow through acquisitions and mergers on top of organic market share. The immediate ROI benefits for Opici Family Distributing are:
- Reduced margin leakage due to more effective and accurate rebate claims.
- Accurate pricing and reduced margin loss due to the ability to price across a brand instead of pricing product by product.
- Reduction in pricing errors and pricing administration.
- Ability to accurately claim back their vendor support in a timely manner.
- Faster processes, reducing their outstanding settlements, and improving accounts receivables.
‘Thanks to Flintfox’s solution our users will be able to see the impact on gross margins of each price plan including the impact of quantity discounts and deals; vendor support; and RIPS per product and customer; prior to executing in the field.’
We’re with you for the long term
Reduced time to produce audit report
Reduced rebates inaccuracies