Flintfox Advanced Pricing
Advanced Pricing from Flintfox Trade Promotion Management allows for an integrated approach to manage complex advanced pricing and promotions.
An integrated approach to managing pricing remains difficult for many manufacturers and distributors.
Often companies separate the creation and maintenance of “list” pricing from the calculation of promotional price adjustments associated with an individual promotion event, customer contract, or channel relationship.
Spreadsheets are common place, and manual updates to “master data” in multiple systems are required when updating base or contract prices, adding new customer locations, or modifying product packaging.
The impact to the business can be significant and often poorly understood. Transaction errors related to incorrect pricing can vary between 0.3% and 2.3% of total order volume.
Duplicating pricing rules in multiple systems can create audit compliance and maintenance issues related to downstream processes such as settlement of deductions and fees.
- Rule-based pricing configuration supporting volume-based and percentage discounting. Minimum order quantity bracket, bundling, and other customer-specific adjustments allow the most complex pricing requirements to be met
- Define list, contract, and promotional pricing in one environment for full visibility to all pricing changes
- Multiple effectivity dates based on qualified shipment, scheduled promotion events, and customer calendars
- Multi-dimensional and hierarchical representations of customer segments, brand categories, and time horizons.
- Date sensitive customer and product attribute memberships enabling automated inclusion and exclusion maintenance
- On-line pricing request for any customer, product and effective date combination
- Provide “one statement of truth” related to all disputes and pricing inquiries or exceptions
- Capture lost revenue associated with pricing errors
- Improve promotion event effectiveness with greater pricing configuration flexibility
- Reduce price planning and communication cycle time from weeks or months to days or hours
- Improve corporate compliance initiatives related to Sarbanes Oxley internal controls requirements
- Capture share related to competitive or market opportunities by significantly improving response times
What Our Clients Say
No longer do we have adhoc processes driven by people and spreadsheets, we now have a structured process for price changes, for OI promotional spend, and for claims and deductions. Plus we now have the ability to separate discretionary and non discretionary spend, with plenty more yet to come....
Steve MacLean - CFO, Tasti Products